Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2 Months with 2 Kids

And no time to blog!!

Jonathan has been so great with the baby. He loves to kiss her on the head and always asks about Julianna.
"Where's Julianna?"
"Julianna come too?" (when we are going out as a family on the weekends)
"Here Julianna, come sit here next to Jonathan."

Other cute things he's been saying lately -
When I told him I'd put a little cheese on his peas - "No, I want some BIG cheese."
After correctly identifying a parrot in one of his books, and upon seeing a picture of an eagle on another page - "Dat a scary parrot??"
While observing me pumping - "I wanna pump too."
When he falls down (which he usually does on purpose) - shaking his head, "Oh, MEEEEE-AAAAAAN!"

In other Jonathan news, daycare is going full steam ahead with potty training, although I suspect he isn't really ready. He is very excited about wearing his Thomas the Train underwear, but mommy is not terribly excited about cleaning pee and poop out of it. We'll see if things change soon, but my inclination is to back off for a while and try again in a month or two. Daycare just isn't flexible about that stuff though so I hope he doesn't get confused.

Meanwhile, Julianna has been a joy (for the most part). We've had some issues with her fussiness - which it seems is due to gas. Things are getting a little better so I'm hopeful that we've turned a corner with her moods (and her discomfort, poor thing).

She is a good nighttime sleeper, regularly giving me 5 hour stretches of sleep and occasionally 6 and even 7 hour stretches. She is such a gorgeous little baby and when she smiles, she smiles big. She has just started really beaming and cooing which makes it all worth it!

I want to do a baby book for her eventually, so here are her one-month and two-month stats before I forget:

One Month - 2/5
9 lbs, 12 oz (75th%)
20.5 in (60th%)

Two Months - 3/5
11 lbs, 4 oz (60th%)
22.5 in (55th%)

Finally, I got a job! I will be working at Manheim, which is a Cox company. I'm excited about the role (in product strategy for their online products) and also about staying at Cox. It's a great situation. I start in April. Now I can relax and really enjoy the next month that I'm home with the baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment