Saturday, May 7, 2011

Perfect Day

Today is a day I would like to remember. It was honestly just perfect, from beginning to end.

Jonathan woke up on the right side of the bed, happy and chatty. He played calmly by himself for a few minutes while I made banana pancakes for us in peace.

After breakfast we went to Music Class and walked around the Dunwoody Arts Festival with friends Jodi, Justin and Sydney. Jonathan was happy and quiet, watching all the people and dogs go by. It was breezy and 70-something. Perfect.

We got home, made him lunch and put him down for a nap. We were hoping for 2 - 2.5 hours. We got 3.

When our rosy-cheeked boy finally woke up, he was happy as a clam. After snacktime, we decided to check out Hammond Park in Sandy Springs - I hadn't been there since I was little. Jonathan had a great time climbing up the stairs and going down the slide, feet first on his belly as he prefers, over and over again.

Finally, we ended the night with dinner at one of Jer's and my old fave's, Willy's Mexicana Grill. Our little bottomless pit finished up his quesadilla and part of my burrito bowl.

Today was the ideal mix of activities and relaxation, plus perfect weather and a cheerful little boy. I guess every once in a while, everything comes together just right like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment